This keto bread recipe is definitely a must-know! It’s also a Paleo bread recipe and a gluten-free bread recipe. But even if you’re not following any of these diets, you’ll want to give this bread a try because it’s not only healthy, but absolutely delicious and easy to make at home.
As you may know from read other articles, increasing your intake of healthy proteins and fats with a recipe like keto bread can really do wonders for your energy levels and so much more. Let’s take a look at why this may easily be a contender for the best bread recipe ever.
A Low-Carb Bread Full of Healthy Fats
What does it mean to be on a ketogenic (often shortened to “keto”) diet? When you’re on a keto diet, you consume a very low-carb, high-fat diet. The idea behind this way of eating and why it can work so well is that when the body gets such small amounts of glucose from carbohydrates, it can burn another fuel source — fat — for energy.
This is why the keto diet is known for helping the body to burn fat impressively fast! What if you’re not trying to lower the number on your scale? The keto diet still may appeal to you since by limiting sugars and processed grains, you may lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes, a disease which is becoming more and more common these days.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 6 egg whites (NOTE: this recipe does not call for the yolks)
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3–4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg white mixture and, using a hand mixer, whip the eggs until soft peaks are formed.
- Add the almond flour, butter, baking soda, apple cider vinegar and coconut flour to a food processor, blending until well-incorporated.
- Place the mix into a bowl and gently fold in the egg white mixture.
- Grease an 8×4 loaf pan and pour in the bread mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Instead of ¾ teaspoon baking soda and 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, you can alternatively use 3 teaspoons baking powder.