Rice gets a bad rap but, if you choose the right type, it can be a healthy, filling carbohydrate to occasionally include in meals. That’s why I use brown rice in this stuffed peppers recipe.
This easy stuffed peppers recipe combines it with meat (use ground bison or grass-fed beef) and seasonings for a perfectly portioned meal that tastes great. There’s no need for a side dish, since vegetables make up the base of the meal, plus hands-on cooking time is minimal.
I know you’ll love these stuffed peppers with rice!
This easy stuffed peppers with rice recipe combines rice with meat and seasonings for a perfectly portioned meal.
- ¼ pound of ground bison or grass-fed beef
- ½ cup brown rice
- 2 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While oven preheats, sauté meat and onions over medium heat in pan until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place peppers cut side down on baking sheet and roast until tender, 25–30 minutes.
- Prepare rice per package directions.
- Stir meat and onion mixture, scallions, basil, Italian seasoning and salt into cooked rice. Add tomato and stir to combine. Fill pepper halves with rice and meat mixture.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.