Delicious and easy, this Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake is great for holiday breakfasts, meal prep, or even a weekday morning!
We made it to the end of another busy week. I don’t know about you, but my meal prep always seems to suffer during the holiday season. So lately, I’ve been all about those EASY recipes, even more than usual.
The ingredients are simple. You see a lot of them right here, minus the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Plenty of veggies in this one folks!
As for the flavors, they’re classic. Broccoli and cheese, who doesn’t love that power couple?
- ▢12 eggs
- ▢1 cup milk – can use cow’s milk or almond
- ▢1 small onion – diced
- ▢2 heaping cups broccoli florets – chopped
- ▢1 ½ cups shredded cheese of choice – recommend Mexican blend or cheddar
- ▢¼ teaspoon salt – more to taste
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground black pepper – more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add chopped broccoli and onions, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Let dish stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- You can prepare this up to 1 day in advance. Cover tightly with foil and keep in the fridge until you are ready to put it in the oven.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.