If you’re on keto, you know there are a lot of no-nos in classic mac & cheese. This version takes out all the trouble children (ahem, PASTA) without sacrificing flavor.
Got leftovers? Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, this mac will last 3 to 5 days. To reheat, we suggest popping it in a 400° oven until warmed through—the high temperature will help crisp up the topping.
INGREDIENTSFOR THE MAC & CHEESE
Butter, for baking dish2
medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets2 tbsp.
extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt1 c.
heavy cream 6 oz.
cream cheese, cut into cubes4 c.
shredded cheddar2 c.
shredded mozzarella1 tbsp.
hot sauce (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE TOPPING
freshly grated Parmesan1 tbsp.
extra-virgin olive oil2 tbsp.
freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° and butter a 9”-x-13” baking dish. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt. Spread cauliflower onto two large baking sheets and roast until tender and lightly golden, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, heat cream. Bring up to a simmer, then decrease heat to low and stir in cheeses until melted. Remove from heat, add hot sauce if using and season with salt and pepper, then fold in roasted cauliflower. Taste and season more if needed.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. In a medium bowl stir to combine pork rinds, Parmesan, and oil. Sprinkle mixture in an even layer over cauliflower and cheese.
- Bake until golden, 15 minutes. If desired, turn oven to broil to toast topping further, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.